Friday, January 31, 2014

Diary of a Long Arm: Week 3 - Flowing Feathers

I have been finding feathers really hard on the longarm. I wanted to practice them. I still have my peacock that started my progression in feathers on my domestic machine. I decided to add some fabric to the peacock and just quilt feathers - all sorts of different feathers. Why not have both my first feather practice pieces together?





I really regretted the seam I put in that goes across the top of the peacock - I wish I had worked out a way to have one continuous piece of fabric to avoid this seam.



My feathers are really began to come along after a little while and that seam was still screaming at me - I didn't want to waste fabric on a practice piece - I didn't know it was going to look so nice.

No comments: