Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Recycling for Rabbits - Bunny Quilt Series

Do you remember the baby quilt that I made from recycled cotton shirts? Well this was the first baby quilt in a series of three. I have to say that I have loved all three very much. Maybe it is the pleasing simple blue and white colors or the bunnies all over them ..... or how incredibly soft all the materials are.

The first quilt had soft white bunnies on it made from a old fake pashmina which was an emergency warmth purchase in a Hong Kong market.
The second quilt had soft brown bunnies on it - the bunnies are cut from a pair of Nana's old tan trousers! One lucky bunny has a yummy orange carrot. This quilt sold as soon as I posted it.
The final quilt was finished for baby Nicolas Koltai who was born on March 23rd (yes Easter Sunday) at 2.30am at a healthy 8 pounds. This version had one bunny and a carrot in the bottom corner and extra quilting on each white square.
As I was finishing this quilt for Nicolas - I began to feel rather sentimental about all three of the baby quilts - so I took the first quilt off my shop page and I have put it safely in a dresser drawer. After parting with my dear bunny boy - I really have learnt that I have to keep the odd thing here and there.

8 comments:

Bumpkin Hill said...

gorgeous quilts, I am so glad to hear you have kept one for yourself. Catherine

bettyninja said...

These three quilts look so wonderful and soft. If I had to pick a fav (which is impossibly hard to do) I would say the brown bunnies in the middle. I love that you recyle clothing for fabric. I do that too.

Ally Jay said...

You should keep one for yourself. All that hard work needs something to show for it. They are lovely quilts.

futuregirl said...

They are all so adorable! I love the graphic quality of the bunny. :)

Felicia said...

What beautiful quilts :)

Joanna said...

You should have one for your self, I find some times I just have to keep some paintings, just for me and why not.

Dana said...

Sooo cute. Glad you kept one.

Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Rachael,

Thank you for the lovely quilt blanket. My mommy says we will spend lots of nice days in the park on it. it is really soft and feels very nice under my little bum.

Baby Nicolas

PS: I also love the cute baby bunny on it.